RT list: Tsimply & Smith 1998

From: Alessandro Capone <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 17:20:53 BST

I found the paper Carston R Relevance-theoretic pragmatics and modularity
UCL working papers 9 - 1997 very intersting.

There you find a reference to

Kasher A On the pragmatic modules J Pragmatics 16 1991.

There you find an interesting puzzle. (Left hemisphere vs right ehmisphere
involvement in pragmatic inferencing).

Also

Tsimpli & Smith 1998 Modules and quasi-modules in Language and Individual
differences 10/3.

P. 209

It is reasonably clear that the computational sytem of language is
congnitively impenetrable, but we do not think that either encapsulation
or imenetrability .... are primitive, and we reinterpret them as
epiphenomena that can be derived from either of the properties in example
15 below (...):

15 aThe possession of a distinct neurala rchitecture
15 b The explitation of a uniquely specified vocabulary.