RT list: hi from china

From: hjyjane126 <hjyjane126@126.com>
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 11:10:43 BST

Dear All,
I am a postgraduate student from china majoring in pragmatics. My tutor was a student of Pfo. Wilson's. As a result, my study is focusing on Relevance Theory. At present, I am doing my graduation thesis, which is intended to be an empirical study on the two principles of relevance. That is to say, I wanted to carry out some experimental work about RT in china.
One of the reasons for my choosing this topic is that I've read a few papers written by Mr. Henst, Sperber, Noveck, etc and I was really interested. Experimental pragmatics should be promoted as a new research field of pragmatics, in my opinion. And I believe in this way, the current theoretical studies will flourish and more researching disciplines besides pragmatics will benefit.
Now I have already carried out some experiments based on what Prof. Sperber and Henst did in their research on relational problems.I've tentatively changed some of the instructions and tested the questions on chinese college students. But some problems arose in answer--classification, data analysis and discussion because I've found something quite different from their previous work.
So if anyone has done similar experimental work or research or is interested, please write to me. We can talk about it, of course, about many other topics if you like. And if someone could send me some original research papers and materials, I would be very grateful.
Thanks to you all and best wishes
                                                            Hou Jiaoying (Jane)